Question:
New Orleans - A Family Restaurant "Must"
2008-08-08 12:59:49 UTC
I am looking for recommendations on a FAMILY oriented restaurant in New Orleans, LA. I would prefer a place that is interesting to children ages 3 to 13 and adults ages 35 to 65. Not just another generic family place, but something that would keep the kids' interests peaked throughout dinner. It's a one-time visit, so I would like to know why your suggestion is recommended. Feel free to include your view on pricing, food and experiences. The more info you provide, the better! Thanks!
Seven answers:
VAGirl13
2008-08-15 17:48:26 UTC
It really depends on how much money you want to spend and the atmoshpere you're looking for. If you like seafood and a genuine New Orleans dive sounds fun, try Frankie and Johnny's or Acme Oyster House. If you don't mind chains, there's Bubba Gump's and House of Blues. Cafe Pontalba has a decent Po' Boy and it's right smack on Jackson Square and there are always street performers and great people watching. Although not exactly the most atmospheric place it's a true New Orleans experience! There are a handful of decent places on Decatur so that's always a pretty good place to roam while looking for something to eat.
dschnatz
2008-08-13 07:45:47 UTC
I live in New Orleans.

For the most definitive list of restaurants and their ratings, go to

www.nomenu.com

This is the website managed by Food Critic Tom Fitzmorris who has a food and spirits talk show on the radio.

4-7 weekdays 1350 AM radio

12-2 Saturdays- WWL-FM 105.3

Toll Free Telephone # 866-899-0870

Local # 504-260-1870

Choose on website by neighborhood.

In the French Quarter area there is Huge Variety limited only by your imagination.

Personal Favorite:

Original Pierre Maspero's- 440 Chartres - Sandwiches, Creole and Cajun food

Or.....

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Cafe....

Bubba Gump's where you can get a simple meal such as a shrimp basket or a cheese burger for kids. It is ok quality, not gourmet.

There is Central Grocery where you can get a sandwich and bring it to the levee on the river picnic style

There is Port of Call on Esplanade - hamburgers, etc.

The Red Fish Grill is a 3 star on Bourgon St.

If you want the tourist special, go to Tujague's on Decatur or Court of two sisters, or Ralph & Kacoo's on Toulouse.
nly28
2008-08-11 17:50:19 UTC
Those are what I found on the net,hope it helps:

New Orleans Family Restaurant North Branch NJ Restaurants -

Detailed information about New Orleans Family Restaurant in North Branch New Jersey

www.neworleansfamily.com - Cached

Pascal's Manale, an Italian-Creole restaurant in New Orleans

Founded in 1913, this family-run, Italian-Creole restaurant is located in uptown New Orleans. It is famous for creating barbecued shrimp.

www.neworleansrestaurants.com/pascalsmanale - Cached

The New Orleans Creole Restaurant, 114 First Ave. So., Seattle, WA

Families with children can eat and enjoy the music nightly until 10 p.m. We ... The New Orleans is a short walk to the waterfront, the convention center, the ...

www.neworleanscreolerestaurant.com - Cached

Deanie's Seafood Restaurant - New Orleans

... a class by itself. Located in Metairie and the French Quarter, Deanie's has been recognized as one of New Orleans' best ... is a casual family restaurant that ...

www.neworleansrestaurants.com/deanies/overview.html - Cached

New Orleans for Families

Restaurants and Cuisine. Music. Festivals. Museums and The Arts. Tours. Attractions ... Family fun starts in New Orleans with a visit to our many attractions. ...

www.neworleansonline.com/neworleans/family - 56k - Cached

New Orleans Kids

... family attractions, kid-friendly restaurants, hotels, and tours, as well as activities in the New ... entire family on your next visit because New Orleans is a ...

www.neworleanskids.com - Cached

New Orleans Family Fare Restaurants on Citysearch

Looking for Family Fare Restaurants in New Orleans, LA? ... Got a recommendation for a great family restaurant in New Orleans? ...

neworleans.citysearch.com/yellowpages/results/New_Orleans_LA/... -

94k - Cached

Family Restaurants in New Orleans, LA - Nola Listings

Find Family Restaurants in New Orleans, LA. Get Family Restaurants business addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, maps and more.

businessfinder.nola.com/LA-New-Orleans/Family-Restaurants - 60k -

Cached

New Orleans Restaurants - The Official Antoine's Restaurant Web Site

New Orleans' gentility was so taken with the restaurant that it soon outgrew its ... Are there other family members, perhaps too small at the moment to wield a ...

www.antoines.com/history.html - Cached

Drago's Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar

Drago's Restaurant opened in February, 1970 in New Orleans. It was the continuation of a Croatian tradition. The realization of a dream. And judging by what our ...

www.dragosrestaurant.com - 52k - Cached
2008-08-13 08:44:57 UTC
Copelands, Deanies Seafood, & Cafe Du Monde..
chachacatz
2008-08-16 10:32:40 UTC
no worrys!

just go to jackson square in the front is buggy rides, in the back is the cathedral, and on both sides of the park there are two very unique reastaurants, and lots to see while you set and eat.i think that everyone will like it there. it's fun to just people watch there!
D.O.T ~ El BlatinoBorriqueño
2008-08-14 11:07:42 UTC
Look for some on google maps!
2008-08-08 14:18:53 UTC